Our AR-15 assembly and inspection package is designed to give you the quality and attention to detail you expect from a factory rifle while still allowing you to configure it to your needs. Factory guns are built with a given set of parts and designed and tested as a system and they often work well. Most people want a gun that is a little more customized to their needs and that is where problems may arise. Between the thousands of manufacturers making parts for this platform and their varying levels of tolerances and quality control, the AR-15 platform is becoming less like “Legos” and requires much more fitting to make it run well.
Whether you are sending in a completed gun or having us build for you, we dive deep into every detail of your rifle. Our AR-15 assembly and inspection package is meant for anyone who will use their gun for work or as their bedside gun where reliability is paramount, but who doesn’t want to invest thousands of dollars into gauges to inspect it themselves. If it absolutely needs to run just like any kind of life saving equipment, this service will tell you if your rifle can be trusted and will give you the information you need to fix it if necessary.
This service will go through full disassembly, gauging, and proper reassembly by an experienced armorer as well as test firing with our stringent proofing standards to verify proper function. We will give you feedback as to any improvements that might be helpful such as changing buffer weights or identifying incompatible parts.
If we find any major issues that will require extra parts or modification, we will contact you to make a suggestion of how to repair it. You can then choose whether or not to have it done while its in the shop. We will never pressure you into anything, and only offer what is needed to fix the problems found during the inspection and assembly process.
Before sending in a build, we recommend contacting email@example.com if you need any help selecting components, especially when it comes to the gas system, BCG, barrel, or buffer system. We can usually save you money and headache of having to return incompatible or poor quality parts. We never rely on a company’s reputation for our recommendations, only on a proven track record of quality we have gathered from our extensive sample size of repairs.
This service takes several hours to perform and includes the cost of test ammo. Lead times are usually 4-6 weeks but can fluctuate based on demand.
Here’s what’s included in the AR-15 Repair and Inspection service:
- Report of every component that has been checked, a pass/fail grade, and any remediation steps that were taken if needed.
- Actual measured values of critical dimensions such as firing pin protrusion, gas port size, etc.
- Includes our BCG service
- Full auto proof testing after inspection and assembly to verify functionality
- Suppressor alignment check if we have the suppressor model here or if you send yours in.
- Gas system and buffer tuning based on ammo, suppressor, and intended use of the rifle. We tune for mixed use or even dedicated suppressor use.
- Input regarding any improvement or changes that should be made to fit the intended use of the rifle.
- Most necessary repairs performed during the inspection such as barrel dimpling, minor thread repair, fitting, etc are included in the fee. Most “bolt on” modifications are covered as well.
- 25% discount on any additional services like gas block pinning, pin/weld, barrel chops, etc.
- No extra fees for test ammo, shop materials, and small single use items like roll pins.
- Sprinco ejector and extractor springs (except on specialized bolts. Armorer will replace based on need)
- Fresh detents and springs (except action spring) as needed.
Some of the things we check include:
- Overall function
- Headspace and chamber dimensions
- Gas port sizing and gas system efficiency
- Balancing buffer system with barrel/gas system
- Bore straightness, concentricity, and suppressor alignment
- Function of all controls
- BCG efficiency, assembly, and alignment with upper receiver and barrel
- Alignment of upper receiver, barrel, gas block, and rail.
- Receiver fitment
- Torque values and assembly technique
- Gas block or FSB fitment and alignment
- Chamber, bore, gas port erosion, rifling condition
- Muzzle and Throat erosion
- Much more, contact us if you have any questions!
We are able to fix almost any issue that arises. From over-gassed guns to cycling issues, our rifle repair service will help out. Although we generally suggest sending a part back for warranty if possible, we are capable of performing the repairs where warranty, time, or convenience wont allow. We can also give you objective data to aid in your warranty claim in the event that a manufacturer is wrongfully rejecting it.
**This service is currently only available for direct impingement .223/5.56, 6mm ARC, and .300 BLK rifles only. Turn around time can vary on the complexity of your build and any issues that are found or modifications you choose to add. We can do similar inspections on other calibers or on large frame guns for an additional charge.
**After your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to ship. You will be charged return shipping at checkout which includes up to $2500 in insurance. Please email us at support@trajectoryarms if you require additional insurance.